Sunday, October 14, 2012

Registration Eve

So the inspiration for this blog was to write about my journey as an average runner.  I have learned to have a real love/hate relationship for running since I began nearly 3 years ago.  I'm probably like most... I hate the bad runs and I love the good runs.  As I mentioned in my first post, I like to set goals that seem a bit crazy.  It motivates me to stay dedicated and gives me big challenges to train for.  I want to be able to say "I did that".

Tomorrow morning I will sign up for my craziest challenge yet, the 50 mile trail race at the 3 Days of Syllamo.  




I give credit (and blame) to my brother-in-law, Kevin.  Over the past year, he has become a real fan of trail racing.  I have mainly stuck to the pavement but have sprinkled in a few trail races with him.  His biggest trail race was last year at the Sylamore 50K.  I thought he was crazy, and now I will be doing it with him this year.

I have been waiting to sign up for this race since we decided to do it a month or so ago. I am excited.  The thought that I am going to try and finish a 50 mile race is an adrenaline rush for me.  Kevin has motivated me and I am happy to be training with him for this epic journey.  I hope you will enjoy all of our thoughts and experiences as we train for this race as well as the other races we intend to do along the way.  I will be candid, I will tell you what my plan is, what worked and what didn't. I plan to read and research what the elite athletes do and determine what will best work for me.   I want to learn how to train the best way I can possibly train, but in the end, I just want to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!